The 3pm munchiesa�� we all get it right? I was making another batch of my a�?Bliss Ballsa�� to get me through when I had this wild idea to squish the balls and bake them in the oven. And just like that, my Accidental Biscuit, the Grown-up Sesame Snap was created! Enjoy these raw or bake into a biscuit for a treat thata��s high in antioxidants, fibre and vitamins.
1. In a food processor, process 1 cup of almonds and 1/3 cup linseed
2. Add 2 cups of rehydrated dates (soaked in boiling water for a few minutes then drained) to the food processor + 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste and process until smooth/paste-like.
3. With your hands, work this mixture with the addition of 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds, 3 tablespoons poppy seeds, 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
4. Roll mixture into generous teaspoon-sized small balls (now you can eat them like this or to bake, follow next step)
5. Flatten the balls and place onto a baking paper lined tray into an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 mins. Remove from oven and pop onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
For more ideas, nutrition info and recipes for all sorts of healthy things including vegetables, follow Helen on Instagram @eatgoodnutrition.